– The car must be picked up at and returned to Budgetrent, Uppgårdsvägen 10, 22100 Mariehamn, unless otherwise agreed upon.
– Fuel is not included in the price.
– The vehicle should be returned with a full tank.
– Animals are not allowed in the car unless otherwise agreed upon.
– Smoking is forbidden in all our cars.
– The driver should have a valid driver´s license.
– The Renter must be at least 23 years of age.
– Only the driver(s) whose names are in the rental agreement are allowed to drive the car.
– The vehicle may only be used for normal traffic.
The Renter is liable for any damages on or in the rented car (except for technical errors) that were not noted when the contract was signed. The Renter will be held responsible for the cost of all repairs of the damages. The cost will be limited to the insurance coverage fee the Renter has agreed upon in the agreement.
The Renter is liable for all traffic offences, including parking fees and speeding offences.
Fuel and handling of the vehicle
The Renter pays for the fuel. If the car is not returned with a full tank, the Renter will be charged extra for the fuel. Budgetrent must inform the Renter of which fuel to use.
The Renter is responsible for the condition of the vehicle. The Renter must maintain the original condition of the car and make sure it is kept in a good functional and lawful condition.
Actions in case of defects, damages or theft
1. The Renter must immediately inform Budgetrent of any defects or damages of the vehicle or theft during the rental agreement. In case of theft, the Renter must notify the police immediately.
2. When traffic accidents occur, the Renter is obligated to notify Budgetrent of any damages.
3. In case of personal injuries, it is mandatory to file a police report of any damages/injuries due to animals, such as moose or deer. The Renter must give atestimonial to Budgetrent proving a police report has been filed.
Returning the car
The car shall always be returned at the time and place agreed upon in the contract. Apart from normal wear, the vehicle is returned in the same condition as when it was acquired. If possible, the Renter and Budgetrent should inspect the vehicle together and mark its condition. The vehicle is returned with a full fuel tank. Should the returned vehicle be found neglected or dirtied, beyond what is considered normal usage, Budgetrent has the right to charge an adequate sum of money, plus a compensation for the downtime needed to restore the vehicle and put it back on hire. According to the contract the Renter is bound to pay an additional hire for a delayed return of the car.
It is forbidden to use the vehicle outside the period of rent.
The right of termination
Budgetrent has the right to terminate the contract due to the following reasons:
1. The Renter doesn´t uphold the payment obligations on time to Budgetrent or if the Renter doesn´t pay in a reasonable time after recieving a reminder from Budgetrent.
2. The vehicle is subject to reckless driving or negligence in a way that leads to a considerable risk of decreasing its value.
3. The Renter disregards the terms of the signed agreement. Following these conditions is of significant importance for Budgetrent.
The usage of the vehicle outside the Aland Islands
The vehicle is not allowed outside the Aland Islands unless otherwise is agreed upon with
Budgetrent and the Renter.